Friday, November 30, 2007
JHOVE status
It's now public knowledge that Stephen Abrams will be leaving Harvard for the California Digital Library Digital Preservation Program. I really don't know what this means for JHOVE2. Things are very much up in the air right now. I've known about this for a while, but haven't been able to say anything publicly till now. Obviously I'd like JHOVE development to continue at Harvard.
Labels: JHOVE
Comments:
<< Home
Hey Gary,
Stephen's departure to CDL is news to me, but I guess that just proves I'm not as tapped in the grapevine as I could be. I assume the JHOVE2 project is a Harvard project, so I hope you can continue working on it too. Looking on the bright side, maybe this means that the project can be more collaborative with some input from CDL. Good luck!
Stephen's departure to CDL is news to me, but I guess that just proves I'm not as tapped in the grapevine as I could be. I assume the JHOVE2 project is a Harvard project, so I hope you can continue working on it too. Looking on the bright side, maybe this means that the project can be more collaborative with some input from CDL. Good luck!
It's more complicated than that. JHOVE2 is supposed to be a collaborative project with several different parties, including CDL as well as Harvard. I couldn't say much more about the complications of who does it even if I knew, and I don't think anyone really does right now.
Post a Comment
<< Home
